Preparing for your appointment
When calling the office:
- Be prepared with the following information.
- Your first and last name.
- Pet’s name
- Are you a returning client or a new client?
- A brief description of why you are booking the appointment.
- What does your pet need?
- If something unusual needs attention.
- How long has it been happening?
- Has this happened before?
- Have you given your pet any supplements or medications?
- Our staff may have follow-up questions after or during the call.
- You may be placed on a brief hold during the booking procedure to ensure we can find the best match for your needs. Thank you for your patience.
- If you have records at another clinic, please have them sent to us before your appointment. Our fax number is: 719-539-2128. For email please send them to email@example.com
- Prepare a list of your animals current medications, diet, allergies (if known), supplements and a brief summary of your reason for visiting.
- Write down a list of questions you wish to discuss with the doctor.
- Arrive 5-10 minutes early to complete paperwork.
- If you are a new client or bringing a new pet, please arrive 15-20mins before your scheduled time.
- Walk your dog outside prior to the appointment.
- If indicated by our team please collect and bring in the pet’s most recent urine or stool sample.
- Avoid feeding your pet just prior to the appointment time.
- All dogs must be brought in on leashes or lead.
- All cats must be brought in a carrier.
- When dropping off your pet, please plan to take your leashes or carriers home. Remember to bring them back when you pick up your pet.
- Animals undergoing surgical procedures should not eat after 8pm the evening prior to the operation. Provide water for your pet during this time.
- Take your pet out on lead prior to surgery. Give them ample time to fully expel their bowels before surgery.
- Arrive with your animal at 7:45am the day of surgery.
- If your animal has undergone any diet, bathroom, or behavioral changes let your doctor or vet tech know before dropping the animal off.